How to Send and Receive Money via WhatsApp Payments?
WhatsApp has launched a new in-chat payment feature known as WhatsApp Pay. The service is a product of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). Through this new feature you can instantly send and receive money to any person present in your contact list. The service is UPI-based wherein you can send and receive hassle-free payments.
WhatsApp payment can easily be enabled on your phone. To initiate it, you must start a payment request to a person from your contact list. To use WhatsApp Pay, a user must initiate a payment to a contact. Once the request is received, the user can set up their UPI (Unified Payments Interface) account on WhatsApp.
Set-up WhatsApp Payments for Android Phone
The steps to set-up WhatsApp Payment for Android Phone are as follows:
- Open the WhatsApp application on your android phone.
- Once the screen opens, you can see three vertical dots at the top right-hand corner.
- Select “Payments” option.
- Click on “Add New Payment Method”
- Select the “Accept” button. A list of banks would be provided. Scroll through this list to find your bank.
- You will be given a prompt to verify your phone number. Use the prompt to verify it. Ideally, the WhatsApp number should be the phone number registered with the bank.
- Authenticate your bank details through SMS.
- Click on the “Allow” button to give permission to WhatsApp to check the SIM card and authenticate that it is registered with the bank.
- Once again, click on “Allow” tab to permit WhatsApp to send messages to authenticate the bank account.
- WhatsApp would verify your account details and display all the account numbers listed with the number. Select the account number from which you want to initiate the payment.
- Click on “Done” button to complete WhatsApp Payment.
- You can now see the payment method displayed in the “Payments” page.
Process of Sending Money from WhatsApp
The process of sending money from WhatsApp is quite simple. You can see the payment option in the conversation widow where you can send or request the payment in a simple manner. Listed below are the steps to send the money.
- Go to the contact to whom you need to make the payment.
- Choose the clip icon and the select “Payment”.
- Enter the amount. You can even send a note with the payment.
- Enter your UPI PIN.
- A confirmation message would appear in the dialogue box after the successful sending of payment.