I want to ask you to share your experience with JAsyncAPI and JAsyncAPI IDEA plugin to better understand your expectations and your opinion about the

Search code, repositories, users, issues, pull requests...

submited by
Style Pass
2024-04-17 21:00:03

I want to ask you to share your experience with JAsyncAPI and JAsyncAPI IDEA plugin to better understand your expectations and your opinion about the current state

Hello @Pakisan thank you for raising this topic. I don't use AsyncAPI, because I haven't found enough java tooling (at least, when I looked for it last summer).

Given I'm writing a test, that sends a message to my application (and verified it is processed properly) When my test runs Then I want to verify that the message sent from my test conforms to the AsyncAPI specification, so that I make sure both my test and production code conforms to the AsyncAPI spec.

Rationale: it is possible to write both production code and test code in a way that the test is passing; still, without additional test tooling, nothing ensures that the messaging conforms to the AsyncAPI spec, which will yield an error only after my tests are ran and my service is integrated with an other service, publishing that message. I want to prevent such situation by validating both the production and test code against the AsyncAPI contract.

Given I'm writing an integration test When my application sends a message Then I want my integration test to verify that the outgoing message conforms to the AsyncAPI spec

Leave a Comment