Over the years, I have received many proposals to monetize this extension so I think I'll just start posting them here for fun (but not for profit). T

extesy / hoverzoom

submited by
Style Pass
2021-05-29 20:30:06

Over the years, I have received many proposals to monetize this extension so I think I'll just start posting them here for fun (but not for profit). The main reason I continue to maintain this extension is because I can hardly trust others to not fall for one of these offers. I'm fortunate to have a job that pays well enough to allow me to keep my moral compass and ignore all of these propositions. I realize that not everyone has the same financial security so hopefully this thread would shed some light on what kind of pressure is put on extension developers.

I am contacting you since I came across the extension 'Hover Zoom+' at Chrome Store; I consider your product can help you bring profit by means of collaborating together.

Please forgive my persistence, I’m following up to an email I sent to you last week in regards to your Chrome browser extension. I am still interested in speaking with you about monetizing your anonymous user data.

Monetizing anonymous user data is happening on almost every website we visit - you may be leaving alot of money on the table by not monetizing your anonymous user data. Try dowloading Ghostry to see for yourself. Affiliate commissions may pay you as much as 20% but is not always scaleable. Chrome will deactive extenions that violate their ‘single purpose’ policy by working with ad injection companies - redacted does not, will not inject ads, but uses anonymous user data to provide more relevant advertising through NAI and IAB approved ad delivery networks. Top advertisers across all verticals are very interested in targeting high quality intent data derived from browser extensions.

Leave a Comment
Related Posts