It's quite apparent to me that neither @ajvb nor me currently have enough time to maintain the project, with PRs sitting unreviewed. I can't find any

mozilla / sops Public

submited by
Style Pass
2022-01-23 14:30:05

It's quite apparent to me that neither @ajvb nor me currently have enough time to maintain the project, with PRs sitting unreviewed.

I can't find any other secret management that is better than sops right now. Using it to encrypt my fluxcd gitops and ansible decryption right now. I just hope you can at least update the required libraries so it doesn't break in the future. It will be sad if this goes down 😔

I'd like to know what is the position of Mozilla, and if there is any requirement (or something like that) that a new maintainer should do.

I know Go, I was thinking about stepping up for this. In that case, I'd be glad to have some help by others, tho (at least another 1-2 maintainers), as I never managed project at this scale :-)

I'm also happy to help, though my time is limited (i.e. there are too many other projects I'm involved in :) ) and I think I can only help well with some aspects of the project.

I very much agree with the above said, it's said to see this project die, as it is quite useful. I was hoping that being backed by mozilla it would give it more support and less an issue regarding if the project is dead. It has been some months since a commit has been merged. Any news on this matter?

Leave a Comment
Related Posts