Over the past 3 years the pace of development in APS has steadily fallen off as maintainers including myself have moved on to other things. I no longe

Search code, repositories, users, issues, pull requests...

submited by
Style Pass
2024-10-12 17:00:04

Over the past 3 years the pace of development in APS has steadily fallen off as maintainers including myself have moved on to other things. I no longer have time and motivation to dedicate to this project, and in the absence of significant external contributions there is no-one else I can offer the project's stewardship to.

To that effect, I will be archiving the repository on Monday, October 14th 2024 at 7AM GST. In the situation that a serious and viable fork emerges, I will help them as much as I can with the transition. The criteria for what counts as "serious and viable" is entirely vibes-driven for now, and may become more specific in the future. In case I determine that a fork does not live up to my made up standard, they will have to come up with a slightly more creative name than "Android Password Store" and watch low 4 figures of cash wither away in OpenCollective's bank account.

Below is a more complete list of Password Store related assets outside of GitHub itself and how I intend to handle a transition if there is one.

Leave a Comment